Скачать 18.11 Kb.
RAY KROC: FAST FOOD MILLIONAIRE
Video Guide (Anwer Key)
1. At age 4, what did the phrenologist predict about Mr. Kroc?
He’d go into the food service industry.
2. Instead of studying, what did Mr. Kroc do as a teenager?
He thought of ways to make money.
3. What excuse did Mr. Kroc use to quit school? What did he do after he quit school?
World War II; He joined the military
4. Mr. Kroc understood the power of a good first i_______________.
5. What type of client made Mr. Kroc a top salesman in his field?
6. A soda fountain was a place that people could go for a quick snack. Mr. Kroc convinced owners that they could sell a product "to _____."
7. Mr. Kroc spent countless hours working with his clients to determine what
w_______________ and what didn't.
8. After selling paper cups, Mr. Kroc took a job as a m_______________ salesman.
9. Why did Mr. Kroc fly to California to meet the McDonald's brothers?
He wanted to figure out how the McDonald brothers could sell so many shakes
10. After World War II, people wanted _______________ in getting what they
11. When the McDonald's brothers opened their hamburger stand, they cut their
menu items from 25 to _____ and switched from carhops to s__________-
Nine; Self Service
12. Fast food is considered the greatest revolution in the _______________
13. With the concept of "fast food," the McDonald's brothers were able to cut their
customers' waiting time from _____ minutes to _____ seconds.
20 minutes to 30 seconds
14. Mr. Kroc became involved with the McDonald's brothers because they did not want to expand their business. The McDonald's brothers gave Mr. Kroc exclusive rights to do what?
The McDonald’s method of doing business
15. When Mr. Kroc began franchising McDonald's, he received 1.9 percent of each restaurant's gross operating sales. How much was Mr. Kroc required to give the McDonald's brothers? Did Mr. Kroc make a profit?
50 percent; No
In an effort to break even, Mr. Kroc changed his franchise licensing. Franchises could either rent the land or pay a percentage of their sales, whichever was more.
16. Mr. Kroc's goal was to open how many restaurants?
1,000 from coast to coast
17. Mr. Kroc developed a 75-page m_______________ outlining McDonald's
operations, which he provided to franchise operators.
18. Mr. Kroc was successful because he had what?
19. In 1961 Mr. Kroc opened a training center outside of Chicago that eventually became known as what?
20. Mr. Kroc eventually bought out the McDonald's brothers? How much did he have to pay them? (People thought he was crazy.)
21. Who has the biggest voice when it comes to feeding a family?
22. Who was the first Ronald McDonald?
23. Mr. Kroc knew that image was crucial to success.
24. Mr. Kroc made a large reelection contribution to Richard Nixon's campaign. What was he accused of trying to influence?
The minimum wage bill
25. Why did Mr. Kroc berate the Padres during their losing streak?
He believed that people deserved value when they came to a game.
26. How much was Mr. Kroc worth when he died?
27. One in _____ Americans has worked at McDonald's.
|Ray kroc: fast food millionaire||Today many people eat fast food instead of homemade food; the reasons are that fast food is quick, cheap and convenient. At the same time, it is contributing to|
|Fast food our need for speed f ast Food||Is fast food always junk food?|
|Fast-Food Research Project||Joe’s Enterprises for Fast Food, Inc|
|Beyond Advertising: In-home Promotion of ‘Fast Food’||Negative impacts of traditional fast food|
|Discussion Questions: Fast Food Nation||The Impact of Fast Food on Local Community|